Richard Dawkins - On Why Morality Has Nothing To Do With Religion
Distinguished biologist and writer Richard Dawkins discusses the relationship between religion and morality.
Richard Dawkins has authored several books, the most recent being "Brief Candle in the Dark: My Life in Science."
See More Titles by Professor Dawkins Here
RELIGIOUS NEWS IN BRIEF:
- The Pope while wearing an ankle-length dress, has thrilled trans men and women around the globe by comparing them to nuclear weapons. Apparently, both are against creation. Gay Star News.
- While ISIS continues barbarically beheading innocent men and women, top neuroscientists say head-transplants are only a couple of years away. New Scientist.
- Orthodox Jewish leaders celebrated the abandonment of any regulation concerning the practice of sucking blood from newly circumcised penises. The damage from the practise of metzitzah b'peh will be minimized only by self regulation. New York Times.
- 'Jihadi John' has been named as Mohammed (who'd have thought!) Emwazi and it has been revealed the British Muslim responsible for numerous barbaric acts against innocent people, many of whom were humanitarians, attended anger management classes as a youngster. BBC.
- A new study reveals more than half of US republicans want to unconstitutionally see Christianity established as the national religion of the USA. Source.
In other news:
- The world's first atheist orphanage raised the required $5 000 within twenty-nine hours of requesting help from the atheist community. Source.
Over Half of US Republicans Support Establishing Christianity as the National Religion of the USA.Despite the founding fathers explicitly banning the formation of a national religion in the USA, over half of republicans support Christianity being established as the national religion.
The establishment clause prohibits government from passing legislation to establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. It enforces the "separation of church and state."
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."
When asked if they supported or opposed seeing Christianity established as the national religion of the USA, 57 percent of Republicans told Public Policy Polling they were in favour. 30 percent of Republicans were opposed to seeing the USA become a Christian theocracy, and 13 percent didn't have a clue, or didn't understand the question.
Frank Zappa warned about the USA becoming a theocracy more than 25 years ago. See Frank Zappa on Crossfire here
The survey also depressingly shows why the Republicans are not fit to govern:
- 66 percent of Republicans surveyed do not believe in global warming. 13 percent didn't know.
- 49 percent of Republicans surveyed said they did not believe in evolution, 10 percent were unsure.
For the full results of the poll SEE HERE.
Attack of the Theocrats: How the Religious Right Harms Us All —and What We Can Do about It
- ▼ 2015 (3)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (176)